2013 GTX IS 260 VS RXT-X aS 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasselzahid

Hi Guys I am brand new to PWC world. I am about to buy a New 2013 model GTX iS 260. but keep getting confused about RXT-X aS 260. I like to have luxury & comfort as well as performance. please give your thoughts which model I should go with? by the way I have family of three who also will be riding very often with me. Also plan to do "Tubing" with my family. thanks for your inputs.....

For comfort get the GTX. For performance get the RXT-X WITHOUT the iS especially of you're riding 3 up. The iS models are very top heavy in my opinion and I've heard some horror stories at the dealer about them sinking and what not. If I were you I'd just avoid the iS all together. Hope that helps a little.

I second that,,,,

In my opinion he nailed it.....

The 250 in either ski will EASILY pull anything you want. I have an RXT-X with the 255 and it is a MONSTER.

Lots of bad stories about the iS models sin lunging. What happens is, water get into the foot wells then into the hull between the two halves of the ski due to how the iS models are put together.

Over-all comfort, GTX. More stiff ride and better performance the RXT. I have one if each and the GTX is like riding in a Cadilac. The RXT is like riding in a sports car.

The ski,s that have the suspension ride.

I didn't know the suspension ski was available when I bought my skis. If I did, I am pretty sure I would have bought them. I an very glad I didn't buy them now,,,

There have been just enough complaints that I will stay away from them

Between the hull and the seat difference of the two skis you are looking at, there is a substantial ride difference. I LOVE the formed seat on the GTX but I LOVE the performance of the RTX. The GTX with the 260 will be a very good ski for all-around use I would think.

I have a 2013 GTX Limited iS: 1) I agree it feels top heavy, especially in turns, 2) I can't locate a Shop manual or Operators Guide for this 2013 GTX Limited on this forum for download, 3) Where do I locate the battery to attach a Battery Tender cable - and yes, I have searched mid-engine, and back area.

I have a 2013 GTX Limited iS: 1) I agree it feels top heavy, especially in turns, 2) I can't locate a Shop manual or Operators Guide for this 2013 GTX Limited on this forum for download, 3) Where do I locate the battery to attach a Battery Tender cable - and yes, I have searched mid-engine, and back area.

I have a GTX and the battery is just in front I the engine and right behind the fuel tank. Mine is a 2010 version. My RXT is way in the stern under an access hatch.

2013 GTX Limited Battery below back platform

I spoke with mechanic at my Sea Doo dealership. On 2013 GTX Limited iS, battery is within a compartment below lower platform on back of jet ski - reference pp 139-140 in Operator's Guide in section on location of Fuse Box. Manuals need to be written with better quality.

Sad day when we can't even find the battery anymore.

Clear sign they do NOT want us to work on our skis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back