2013 GTR-215 Winterizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinnow1

Hey guys...new to all this and trying to "Safely" save myself some cash by winterizing my skis myself. I own (2) GTR-215's and I am located in the cold NY state. I have been reading the owners booklet and for winterizing it just tells me to fog the engine and to blow out the water from the exhaust using air... I have no issues doing this as I do have a compressor but I have a few questions not covered in the booklet...

1) I would think that pumping anti freeze into the flush port on the rear of the ski would be a better option? Or should I do as they say and simply blow the water out?

2) I know that when you flush these skis you are supposed to start them first then turn on the hose so that water does not get into engine... so does this mean I am supposed to start ski before blowing the water out the exhaust to avoid same problem?

3) if there anywhere else I need to check for water besides the exhaust? Any and all advice and information I can grab is honestly a blessing.

4) What I have done already was to take a hose and attach it to the flush port on the rear of the ski and hooked a funnel to it and while running poured pure anti freeze into it until it came out the rear of the ski. ( Used RV storage anti freeze). I figured much better to let it mix with any lake or hose water in the system. But now should I still blow it out with air? and if so the manual is a bit vague...do I still hook my hose adaptor to the rear and blow the water out there? And is there any other places water could be stored that the anti freeze I pumped into the exhaust didn't get to? I wish someone did a video on winterizing the newer sea-doos LOL I see several before they went closed loop cooling as well as some from actual shops that seem to go overboard.

If you got the RV antifreeze through the system then you should be OK, the compressed air is just going to help clear some of the lines and reduce the water left in the water box this can be done without running the machine. Don't forget to fog through the injector holes and spark plug holes then crank it over a few seconds in drown mode to distribute the fogging oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back