2013 GTI 155 Limited IBR module error

howardbarron99

My seadoo is having an IBR module error at slow speed mode every time I engage it. It doesn’t do it most time when going into forward but will sometimes. Also the RPM analog gauge doesn’t seem to work but all digital and analog Speedo work. It’s also seemingly slow to recognize shifting to forward. I tested the battery with a basic tester and it says good and also said alternator good but not sure the tester really is giving a good read. Thoughts on cause? My dealer said to wiggle the IBR gate and if it had play, it’s ok? So it is wiggling and as I said above is not stuck…help?

Sounds like your ibr is failing. Very common since it's 11 years old. It will continue to get worse until it won't go into F or R at all. You do need to have a good fully charged battery for the ibr to work properly. You can check connectors but they are normally fine especially if you're not in saltwater environment.
Your cluster has a stepper motor that needs replaced to fix the rpm analog, fairly common and there are places that can replace it so that your analog works but will cost around $350 or so. Seadoos don't have an alternator, they have a magneto system that doesn't work nearly as well as an alternator.

Back