2012 GTX 155s Won’t Start after partial rebuild.

NonCertified

Hello I am new to the forum, I bought a 2012 GTX and had to pull the motor to fix a lot of things. Now it won’t start after the rebuild. I get codes P0340 P0201 P0202 and P0203 for camshaft and injectors

It was running good before i pulled the motor. And I had to pull it because it overheated and Wasn’t holding coolant and had a bad oil leak. I removed The PTO cover, i replaced
water pump gasket,
oil pump gasket,
bearing for oil seal and inner seal,
along with the other oil pump parts in my kit.
Also inspected timing chain which looked fine.

I replaced the
drive shaft, (badly rusted)
new carbon ring kit,
new bellow, and bearing for shaft.
And Jet pump completely rebuilt,

I also noticed oil on my spark plugs so i went ahead and replaced the spark plug sleeves,
changed out all old fuses,
new rectifier,
and I replaced my cluster and married it to my ECU with a BUDS scanner..

it had power, I tried to start it but was clicking and wasn’t cranking, I tested my starter relay and it was bad. so i changed out my starter relay. Now she’s cranking, but now I get these codes. So I ordered new coils,
Spark plugs,
camshaft sensor,
and crank sensor.
first and only time I actually drove it is when i bought it and PO lied about all service history. Any helps appreciated

Did you get all the electrical connections reattached properly? There are a couple that can get mixed up.

Did you flash the cluster first before you married it? Was it new or used and what did it come from? Did you write the ECU after you married the cluster and then power cycle it?

I don't think buying new parts and throwing them at will help anything. If it ran before, it is highly unlikely that any of those components failed.

Did you get all the electrical connections reattached properly? There are a couple that can get mixed up.

Did you flash the cluster first before you married it? Was it new or used and what did it come from? Did you write the ECU after you married the cluster and then power cycle it?

I don't think buying new parts and throwing them at will help anything. If it ran before, it is highly unlikely that any of those components failed.

Everything looks to be connected. There were two sets of wires that got me confused the crankshaft sensor and the connectors coming from the intake manifold, but I had a picture of them before removal and I just followed the colored wires back to the right connector in the picture. I also hooked up the bottom connector under the manifold near the rear, which I believe is oil sensor,

I do have one open plug on top of the intake near ECU That looks like the diagnostic port for BUDs in the rear, which I assume is for BRP accessories?

the cluster is used and came off a 2012 GTX 260. when I first connected to BUDS my program, detected the ECU difference immediately and asked me if I wanted to switch over security codes and write it to ECU, which I thought was just marrying one and done.

So The firmware might have to be flashed then. I still have my old cluster. I believe it works Only reason I switched is because my spindles weren’t working and no beeper.. Should I try starting with that cluster installed and if that works I guess that’s my culprit.

There should not be an open plug anywhere. The only plug that looks like the diag connector is the fuel injector/coil circuit on the intake manifold. The one and only diag connector is at the battery and has a cap that it plugs into. There are no other accessory plugs that are open or even capped off.

There should not be an open plug anywhere. The only plug that looks like the diag connector is the fuel injector/coil circuit on the intake manifold. The one and only diag connector is at the battery and has a cap that it plugs into. There are no other accessory plugs that are open or even capped off.
:EDIT I found the connector it’s running now but I’ve lost all power to my cluster now. And I have these codes pop up IMG_1461.jpeg

I was under the impression that was for like the handle warmers accessory or fishfinder is there a picture for reference? Is it connected to the map sensor on the side?

Last edited:
Back