2012 210 challenger s stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemivt

Hey guys, has anyone really used the stereo on the 210 challenger s? i bought mine in july and didnt really use it because my friends boats all have Wet Sounds systems.. I know when i bought the boat it said it was satellite ready radio, does that mean i can just call sirius up and get it playing?

Yes, put it in sirius/xm mode and go to channel 0, give them a call with your credit card and radio ID and they'll enable it.

Yes, put it in sirius/xm mode and go to channel 0, give them a call with your credit card and radio ID and they'll enable it.

Have you looked at the back of the Jensen radio? was wondering what it has for connections. i only have 2 speakers in my boat and am going to add 2 more plus an amp and 4 wakeboard tower speakers and maybe a sub lol.. my boat is all shrink rappppped up and i'm getting the itch to start working on it...ugh is winter over yet...

Have you looked at the back of the Jensen radio? was wondering what it has for connections. i only have 2 speakers in my boat and am going to add 2 more plus an amp and 4 wakeboard tower speakers and maybe a sub lol.. my boat is all shrink rappppped up and i'm getting the itch to start working on it...ugh is winter over yet...

Sorry man I can't help yah out with the factory jensen deck, I took the jensen out and stuck it in another boat that I sold, I have a sony deck now that I can stick my Iphone in. Hear yah on the shrink rap brother, I'm in the same situation... loonng way till spring now.

I also have a 2012 Seadoo Challenger S model and it came with jensen satallite head unit and 2 rear jensen speakers. I was able to purchase the same sepakers online (very reasonable - I know they're not the best quality) for the bow. Earlier this week I drilled the front speaker holes with a 5" hole saw and had no issues.

Speakers are in place and I'm ready to make my connections. Using the diagram provided in the Jensen manual I can tell that the factory prewired the boat for all speakers (front and rear). Does anyone know where the factory front speaker wire is housed? Following the wires from the head unit I see all 8 wires (front and rear) going into a black harness cover that snakes out behind the dash and along the side of the boat.

Do I simply need to open that harness cover where the speaker holes are to reveal the front left and right side wires? Any thoughts?

I will post pictures when done.

Greatly appreciated....

Pics of install so far.....

1. Holes drilled with 5" hole saw. Used tape and drill in revese to prevent cracking gel coat.

2. Picture of installed speakers

3. Picture of factory speaker harness behind jensen unit. Note 8 white wires (4 wires for rear speakers and 4 wires for front speakers) out into harness cover.

4. Now I just need help locating the 4 front speaker wires (2 left and 2 right) in the bow of the boat. My guess is they are in the same black harness cover I can access from behind the holes I cut.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• speakerholes.JPG
    speakerholes.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Speakersin.JPG
    Speakersin.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 98
  • wires.JPG
    wires.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 95
I finished the poject last night and I'm happy to report that anyone doing this will easily find the Challengers pre wired from the factory. Tucked in behind the holes were factory speaker wires ready to go- plug and play- that simple!!!

Once I plugged in the wires, screwed in the speakers, I was done and on the water in less than 30 minutes.

Anyone who needs help on this project, please feel free to PM me.

Attachments

• Factory Wires.JPG
    Factory Wires.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Installed.JPG
    Installed.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back