2011 GTX 260 IS C0042 C0043

jda112

I have a 2011 GTX 260 IS. I took on some water a few weeks ago and got a few ibr codes after (U0129, U15A4, U15A5). I replaced the 5 amp ibr fuse and now I’m getting C0042 and C0043. When I start it, I’m also getting P1661. I have a spare ibr that I bought off ebay. I swapped ibr's but nothing changed. I put the ibr in manual override and cannot get it to move. I also did a load test on my battery and it is perfectly fine. I'm getting 12v at the ibr fuses and I ran voltage and continuity tests from the fuse box to the connectors at the ibr. I also cleaned and the brake lever sensor connector and the 12 pin connector under the steering column. The only solution I'm seeing is to replace the entire wiring harness. Anyone else has other suggestions? I'm hoping I can isolate a bad connection somewhere but I'm not sure where else to look.

You've got network faults. You can perform wire resistance and continuity checks on the wiring harness before you spend the money on a replacement; pull all the IBR connectors and inspect for corrosion.

The problem with the Ebay used IBR module is you don't know what you purchased. Chances are the donor ski had the same issues. IBR modules in those ski take a beating ... they were installed in the worst possible location.

Back