2010 RXP-255 output sleeve removal.

A_Bred

Good morning Folks.

I have an, what I thought was a unique problem, and I have seen some mention about this, but no real answer. Have an RXP-255 and I need to remove the output sleeve and transfer it from my old motor to a new one I got (used motor but in great shape). Problem is, no output sleeve on the new motor coming off the crank, so the need to transfer the older one. I have tried getting a large breaker bar, locking the crank, and putting a pipe over the breaker bar, and heated the crap out of the sleeve. Did not budge... This is why I am here.

So if anyone has any thoughts it would be great.

Also going to attempt to getting a 2 ft long pipe wrench, heating the sleeve and like the hulk, smash with a 1pnd mallet.

You don't need to heat it. Just a longer breaker bar/pipe to break it loose with the engine strapped down. I have a 6' one that works well. It's not a left handed thread.

You don't need to heat it. Just a longer breaker bar/pipe to break it loose with the engine strapped down. I have a 6' one that works well. It's not a left handed thread.
Thank you for the response. I do have a large breaker bar, with an extension I can add to get me to about 6 feet. Even had my GF sit on it. No go.... After some time and heating for about 3 to 4 mins on high it broke loose. ----- Thank you though for getting back to my question. I appreciate it. al

Back