2008 Seadoo speedster 150 supercharged Ignition Coil Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtrust68

Took my speedster out and after 20 mins received a Code P0352 which is ignition coil #2.. changed the spark plugs and took it back out. worked for about 5 mins perfectly then code came back.. I then switch ignition coil #2 and #3 to see if i would get the code for Ignition coil #3(p0353) and it still gave me the code for #2(P0352). so i switched the coils back to where they were. started it up and worked fine for 3 mins then same code came back. not sure what to do? do i buy a new Ignition coil for #2 plug or is it a wiring issue? or it something else? not sure where to go from here...engine and wiring looks new. and i was told if i switched the coils around it would throw a code where the back coil was. any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

is the boat running ok even with code?
the fault might need to be cleared via candoo or dealer. then swap the coils around.
some one with a active candoo membership can confirm this.
candoo fault active/occurred
Capture55.JPG
Capture56.JPG

No.. with the code it feels like its running on 2 cylinders....only go like 20 -25 mph....when it did run good in between it actually working and when it would throw the code again it would go perfect up to 55mph...but once the code came on and the check engine was blinking it would bog down.. im checking all the grounds tomorrow and see if something happened betweenwhen the dealer winterized it and me putting the battery back in. it ran perfect last year....and last week it seemed like i had bad gas for a 1/4 tank then did awesome rest of the day...then today happened...

Update....Checked all grounds and they were tight...checked fuses again and all were good. Followed the purple and green wire from Ignition coil #2 and unplugged all connectors and plugged back in...hooked hose up to it and ran it for a few mins and no code? i also check out how to use my multimeter on the ignition coil and they all came back fine. i keep stumping myself because it starts fine and runs fine until i get the code. which i know i might get the code again if i take it out on the water for like 10 mins...just curious if im missing anything else i can check?

No.. with the code it feels like its running on 2 cylinders....only go like 20 -25 mph....when it did run good in between it actually working and when it would throw the code again it would go perfect up to 55mph...but once the code came on and the check engine was blinking it would bog down.. im checking all the grounds tomorrow and see if something happened betweenwhen the dealer winterized it and me putting the battery back in. it ran perfect last year....and last week it seemed like i had bad gas for a 1/4 tank then did awesome rest of the day...then today happened...

when you say bog down, you mean running two cycliners? or running in limp home? fault on should be in 5000rpm limp home mode.

Attachments

• Capture667.JPG
    Capture667.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture66.JPG
    Capture66.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 15
does it automatically go into limp mode when chk eng light comes on for certain codes even if you might have fixed it? or will the code just stop coming up once the issue stops happening? does the code have to be cleared once fixed? cause i dont wanna have to pay just to clear a code?

does it automatically go into limp mode when chk eng light comes on for certain codes even if you might have fixed it? or will the code just stop coming up once the issue stops happening? does the code have to be cleared once fixed? cause i dont wanna have to pay just to clear a code?
yes ,maybe and no..
if the chk light comes on then it may go go into limp home mode (2500 or 5000 rpm depends on fault code) because a fault has occurred, reset is required but might not be necessary. (im not sure if you can reset/clear though console buttons).
i would say if it running rough then the fault is still current.

http://www.brpdiagnostics.com/site_files/442/Diagnostic%20and%20Fault%20Codes.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
without the code it runs perfect though....so maybe ill replace the ignition coil #2 and go from there....if i replace and take out on the water and nothing happens then i guess it will be good...if the code for the same thing does come back then ill take it to the seadoo dealer...even though they dont like the boats they only like working with PWC...

You could move ignition coil 2 to another cylinder and see if the problem moves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What you have done to determine the issue was exactly as I would have suggested.

The fact that it is now ok leads me to think it is a plug in issue. Poor connection and or corrosion. I would unplug any plug you can get to, clean them up, use dielectric grease and plug them back in. Take a good look at the backside of the plugs where the wires enter. Look for ANY corrosion or discoloring.

Took it on water with new coil and it never threw a code..worked awesome until i received a p0544 code for exhaust gas temperature sensor...pulled the sensor when I got back home and looked ok so I stuck it back in...took back out on the water again and perfect all around...I'm just gunnar purchase a new temp sensor just incase though

The code it gave me at first was the igniton coil so I replaced that plus the plugs and it fixed my problem...I tell you by the end of summer I'm going to know everything about my boat lol..damn codes lol

The code it gave me at first was the igniton coil so I replaced that plus the plugs and it fixed my problem...I tell you by the end of summer I'm going to know everything about my boat lol..damn codes lol

thats good, just as long its not too much $$
yeah it seems a lot of those sensors cause faults. some are corroded some are the sensors. just make sure there is enough water coming out he exhaust and there is no blockage.
hopefully no more faults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back