2008 Sea-Doo Wake 215 Thrust Problem / 7700 max RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

customx

Does anyone have recommendations on why my 08 Sea-Doo Wake 215 all of a sudden started having reduced thrust and won't exceed 7700 rpms now.

Additional Details:
No custom modifications have been done to the ski.
The ski has 80 hours on it and it started last Friday. The 100 hour supercharger update has not been done and before I replaced the spark plugs I was only getting to 7200-7400. I ran the tank down as I thought it might have been bad gas and put in 93 octane ethanol free gas and an adatitive to see if that would help and still not getting the same thrust or max rpms. From a stand still when I hit the throttle to full it jumps out and hits about 7580 to 7600 and if it is flat and clean it will slowly climb to 7700 and occasionally get to 7760-7800. If I leave the water from jumping a wake it will spike up to 8100 - 8150.

My other ski an 08 RXT 215 hole shot is significantly better and is 30 or so feet in front of me from a stand still and hits 7960-8060 in the same conditions. This ski has always been a tad bit faster on the top end but the hole shot has always been about the same

Looking for recommendations on how to troubleshoot as the local shop is on a 2-3 week lead time to look at it and I have a bunch of friends and family coming in town and would like to get the ski back to full operating condition and ensure using it won't cause additional damage.

1. When I talked with the local shop mechanic last Sunday they immediately said the pump, but said try the spark plugs as that is an easy quick fix. Did that as mentioned above and got a little bit higher RPMs, but don't know if it was the gas.
2. Is it the supercharger slipping possibly? Going to try to take the hose off and see if I can spin it with my finger as I saw recommended on this forum.
3. A trusted source believes it is the wear ring.

Thanks and appreciate any recommendations or additional things I can look at to help troubleshoot the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back