2008 Sea Doo GTX155 taking in water

Harley Dee

Hi All! New to the site. Picked up a very clean 08 GTX 155, been away from PWC’s for about a decade now but excited to get back into it.
Put it in the water this weekend and noticed it took in a lot of water, seems to be only taking in water or at least taking in the majority of the water when sitting still, any ideas where I can start to look for the leak? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

So had the ski in the water today, again took in some water but I was constantly moving so no where near as much as the weekend when the ski sat. I noticed that water was pouring out of the steering rod on the right side of the pump but not on the left side, is there a seal or something that could be missing from that area? Thanks

dried the hull, added water from the hose directly into the hull, leaking from what I believe is the OPAS on the left side, I believe that is my leak. Any suggestions on how to fix? Or should I just block it off?

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpeg
    IMG_1948.jpeg
    748.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1946.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpeg
    841 KB · Views: 7
Mmm,,, I have done the dumb OPAS repair,
2 options,,, some guys just buy the “block off kit”,, I am not sure how much affects the steering?
I have done the repair. There is a rubber tube inside the hull that the arms go through,,, they get cut,,and leak,
It’s quite possible it is leaking at the hose connection at the back,,, but that is wishful thinking,
The repair kit features updated better rubber,
Take lots of pictures

Back