2008 rxt 215 water pump housing issue

Bohisdad

Last week my ski stopped while i was out. alarm went off with coolant code.ski eventually started but went to limp mode ; I was a 1/4 from dock so by the time i got bACK ski was over heating and that alarm went off too

when i checked the skii found the water pump housing where thermostat sits was disconnected; I was able to feel around and find the thermostat and the fitting.I was able to put thermo back into position and click the fitting back in with some of force .Now coolant just leaks right out of that connection and the ski wont start

Help

There should be an o-ring to seal it which probably fell off. They fall off quite a bit on the older ones. The solution is to put a hose clamp around the outside which will hold the plastic tabs in place and will never fall off again.
It should restart when it cools down. You may have really over heated it by running without any coolant.

There should be an o-ring to seal it which probably fell off. They fall off quite a bit on the older ones. The solution is to put a hose clamp around the outside which will hold the plastic tabs in place and will never fall off again.
It should restart when it cools down. You may have really over heated it by running without any coolant.
Thank you for the response- I actually bought the water pump housing which has the thermostat housing attached to it just to learn. It was only 35 bucks on eBay. It seems pretty difficult to separate the thermostat housing. Just replace the water pump housing

Not difficult to remove. Two small screwdrivers to flex plastic over tabs while pushing down on hose and work your way around and it will come right off, takes 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Not difficult to remove. Two small screwdrivers to flex plastic over tabs while pushing down on hose and work your way around and it will come right off, takes 2 minutes.
Good Morning, ski wont start;turns over but wont start; could it be from the coolant being empty and ride plate hose disconnected from Thermo housing?

No, but it could be from overheating it and doing damage to something like head gasket, pistons, valves, etc.

Start from the beginning and do a leak down test, at a minimum a compression test.

So I was able to replace the water pump housing and the coolant loop is now closed. Now the ski will start and shut off only stays on for like three seconds so I’m wondering if there’s a clog in the fuel line or if the starter is bad or if the ignition itself is shot since it’s an 08 the key doesn’t stay in that great.

Back