2008 RXT 215 Maxing out at 6k/42mph and coolant in bilge??

turbodriven

See the video for the second of two very short rides I took the other day.

As you can see, it's not getting into high rpms or above 40mph or so. Also there is some audible surging at full throttle you can hear in the video. After pulling it out I noticed about a half gallon of coolant in the bilge. Possibly unrelated?

Coolant in the bilge - I did a vacuum test and a + pressure test of the coolant system when I got home. It held 15psi on both counts. I tested the coolant tank/cap and it's holding pressure. Not for nothing, but the oil is not milky. Where is this coolant coming from? My only thought, fear, is that my head gasket is leaking, pushing pressure into the coolant system and causing the over pressurized coolant cap to leak by all the coolant. But if it's the head gasket, it's only to the coolant side and only under high cylinder pressure (not under coolant system testing pressure)?

Does the video seem like a bad head gasket though?? My thought about the surging at least was that maybe coolant was cooking off against the engine/exhaust in the hull was causing a lack of O2 in the intake side. But again, where's that coolant coming from

Note1: The ski has 0 hrs on a new head gasket. Replaced end of last year because I had to pull the head off to extract a broken spark plug
Note2: I tested the supercharger slip during that timeframe and it seemed to be within spec. (but who knows)
Note3: Oil is about 3/8 of the way up between the Low-High marks, cold.

Any ideas would be helpful, Thanks.

Sounds to me like whatever happened the end of last year is causing your coolant leak and loss of power. Take the head off and start over.

Back