2008 Challenger 180 Stereo sound is distorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denisrford

I have a 2008 Challenger 180 andthe factory stero sound is terrible. I looked at two boats of the same year and model and they both exhibit the same problem. when turned up even halfway the sound from the speakers are distorted and pops. I replaced the speakers with top of the line fusion speakers and they also produce a really bad distorted sound that pops too. Because this is the second 2008 boat that produces the same noise I am wondering if it is just the cheap factory radio that is doing this? Before I replace the stereo I wanted to check if someone else has seen this problem. Other than that the boat is a blast to drive once you learn how to parallel park it at the local restaurant bar and grill on the water.

First check that all the speakers are properly wired. + to +, - to - etc. What deck do you have? Is there an external amp? If so tell us the make and model of it too.

If its a jensen radio like most sea doo boats, id pull it and toss it in the trash. With good speakers it really should sound halfway decent.

The factory crap is crap. Get rid of it. Those speakers are not even worthy of the time it took to install them at the factory. Get a good brand set up with an amp and you'll be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back