2008 Challenger 180 RUN Issue

Hello All- I'm considering getting a little project but wanted to check on some advice before doing so. A friend of a friend is having an issue with a 08 Challenger. He mentioned the following:
I left the key on the post over night and now I can't get it to start. The light on the start switch illuminates but it will not turn over. I can jump the starter solenoid and the motor turns over fine.

I questioned him on any diaging he's done and he responded with this:
Had engine computer tested, checked all fuses, cleaned grounds, tried known good battery, had key and post tested

If I am tracking down some relay or ground, I'd be ok with taking it on. If I'm looking at a basket case, I'll pass.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Hello All- I'm considering getting a little project but wanted to check on some advice before doing so. A friend of a friend is having an issue with a 08 Challenger. He mentioned the following:
I left the key on the post over night and now I can't get it to start. The light on the start switch illuminates but it will not turn over. I can jump the starter solenoid and the motor turns over fine.

I questioned him on any diaging he's done and he responded with this:
Had engine computer tested, checked all fuses, cleaned grounds, tried known good battery, had key and post tested

If I am tracking down some relay or ground, I'd be ok with taking it on. If I'm looking at a basket case, I'll pass.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
My 07 been sitting for 5 years due to a similar issue. Same boat although different dash. Its very likely its just a shorted out starter solenoid which costs maybe $15 and 30 min to replace. It could also be the starter fuse. Ive repaired both of these on my boat maybe 5 times since I bought it in 07. However, it could also be a short in the ECU and/or wiring harness which seems to be the case with my boat. You need a bit of know how but check the two purple wires going into the starter solenoid. One should be power the other should be ground when you hit start. If these are both 12v you definitely have a short in the harness or ECU. If that's the case you are looking at $100 for the ECU test. Up to 1500 for ECU replacement and you will need to have the dash and key reprogrammed usually around $500. Which is why I haven't fixed mine.

Back