2007 RXP Loss of power

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulS

Hi I have a 2007 RXP with only 14 hour was working fine until the other day when I went out I noted a loss of power she will not rev as high as before any ideas?????:

I would start by changing the plugs...

4-tec plugs NGK brand, DCPR8E Gap/ 0.7-0.8 MM or .028-.031in.

Chances are it just fouled a plug. To replace the plugs remove the Oil dipstick, remove the plastic cover over the engine, replace the dip stick. Unplug the wire from the spark plug coil ( it's part of the spark plug cap) wiggle and pull the cap/coil out of the spark hole. Be careful not to break it. Loosen the spark plug, insert the cap/coil in to grab the plug and remove it. Gap the new plug, remove the screw top on the top of the plug, insert it in the cap/coil push it in the plug hole. Use a socket to tighten it. Snug it up go about 1/4 turn, loosen and snug it up(this compress the seal ring on the bottom of the new spark plug). Put some grease on the coil cap where it meets the cylinder and insert on the plug. Connect the coil wire. Do one spark plug at a time. Replace the plastic cover. This should solve your problem.
Keep us posted.

Thanks,,, was the first thing I done,, but no joy,,I had the plugs out check gap and clean,,but stilll have a loss in revs will not go above 6k,
The ski was flying the other day the next a huge loss of power for no reason,
I even put a new set of plus in changed the filter and checked for spark at each plug and and all well,, even ran a comp check on each cyl,,,,all are fine but still the loss of power,,she would do 60mph no problem now can't get over 40,,, Im lost,,
Great one day then the next the problem started,,

Regards to all
PaulS
Ireland

Is it still under warranty? Is it displaying any beeps or indication of a "code". You might have to go to a dealer to have them put it on the B.U.D.S. system to figure out the problem.

Keep me posted.

Karl

I have the same problem on myrxp 2007 last week it went well en now 3 days ago i cant get above the 6500rpm and the top speed stays at +- 85km/h,nothing went wrong on the water.
Now i did it to the dealer and i m still waiting for a result, so when i hear something about the problem i will post it here.
Best regards Bekkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back