2006 SEADOO GTX GAUGE CLUSTER ISSUE

chaz7285

06 seadoo gtx sc
originally had a charging issue with this ski after testing a few things found the stator was bad.
Replaced stator now ski charges properly, but now i have an issue with the gauges.

When you first put the key on the DESS, Gauges turn on. Do the normal sweep show the hours and everything. I get normal beeps like you would when the key is on.
Then i get one long beep, the gauges stop working. it just says "seadoo" on the gauges, pull the key everything goes blank. Put the key back on, and you get the same thing every time.

The ski fires right up and runs no problem.

I've checked the fuses, driven the ski.

Not sure if anyones had an issue like this or could point me in the right direction

The long beep is a communication problem with the cluster. When it just says seadoo it is getting proper power but not getting information transferred to and from the cluster. Did you replace the ECU, mpem, or cluster recently? Check your CAN BUS data wires, white/red and white/black.

I have seen clusters fail in this manner where it required a new cluster. A new cluster will have to be flashed for the correct year/model using BUDS, then marrying to the ECU.

The long beep is a communication problem with the cluster. When it just says seadoo it is getting proper power but not getting information transferred to and from the cluster. Did you replace the ECU, mpem, or cluster recently? Check your CAN BUS data wires, white/red and white/black.

I have seen clusters fail in this manner where it required a new cluster. A new cluster will have to be flashed for the correct year/model using BUDS, then marrying to the ECU.
Haven't replaced anything else besides the stator. What am I checking for on the can bus wires. 12v ?

No, just continuity to the ECU and the complete circuit. To actually check the signal would require an oscilloscope. What I typically do is put in another cluster to test but I always have 3 or 4 used ones around. Make sure to follow the manual on removing the cluster or you will break the plastic tabs.

Yes, but you already knew that which is why you get the long beep. Have you checked the continuity of the white/red and white/black wires from the cluster to the mpem and then again from the mpem to the ECU? There are some connectors that can corrode in this circuit. Download the wiring diagram online and check these circuits. If you have good continuity everywhere, you need a new cluster.

Back