2006 SeaDoo GTI SE gauge cluster problems please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkrules19

Hello everyone. I have a 2006 Sea Doo Gti SE 1500 Rotax N/A. Im having some sort of problems with the gauge cluster. Today I went to take the Jet ski out and out of no where I had nothing on the display no RPMs , no speedo, and no gas gauge nothing. I took it out about a week ago and everything was perfectly fine. My first instinct was to check the fuses so I did that and didn’t see any that were bad. Then I had some new fuses so I replaced all of them just incase the fuse was bad but couldn’t tell it was. The only ones I didn’t replace is the 1-1amp and 3-of the 2 amp ones because I didn’t have those. Does the cluster have a fuse? Then for some reason the gauge when from showing nothing to nonsense like 8885 RPM 188MPH and 886 hours when the jet ski only has 64. Also “welcome” would stay lit sometimes other times the word would be all choppy and the black bar that shows the rpms and the gas level would also be broken. I also when through and check most of the connections to make sure that the weren’t loose or had a back connection. Is there a specific one I should check for the gauge cluster? I checked to see if the grounds on the engine block came undone but all that was fine. I also disconnected the negative on the battery and let it sit for 10 min or so to see if something would clear and maybe start working but nothing happened. Lastly when you put the key on the ignition it beeps 2 like it should to tell you that it’s the right key and then it has a continuous beep for like 2 seconds real loud at the time when the gauge cluster should kick on and work. Anyone have any ideas what I should do and check to get this problem fixed? Thanks everyone for your time.

-Tom-

is there moisture in the lens??, also, try disconnecting the battery completely, let sit, then reattached cables, neg first, maybe that might trip the memory.itsa start

No moisture..and i have disconected the negative. i was thinking just like a car you can clear service lights by doing that but it really didnt do anything. the gauge cluster isnt burnt out because it still reads stuff its just not right. Also i get 2 quick beeps that registers that the key is in. and then about 5 seconds later on long loud beep...not sure what its trying to tell me going to get it scanned on moday but the charge is 45$ for a coin flip of whether they will know whats wrong. but i dont even know what else to check. Im so stumped whats crazy is it happend out of nowhere.

ok, how about cleaning the lanyard post, and check inside the lanyard key, make sure nuthin inside....have read, that, that makes a world of difrence...

yea, im gona try that in the morning. ive read in a shop manual somewhere before that the loud beep means the the keys bad, or dirty or etc. I just got this key programed for the jet ski 3-4 weeks tops by the same place im going to be taking it to. I think that the key is just bad all together maybe they programed something wrong, kinda like my gut instinkt. I bought this jet ski last year with a blown motor its rebiult inside out by me. i just dont understand how the key has any sort of impact on whats on the gauges...

That metal strip inside the key, has a ROM/nagnetic chip, that i believe, the MPEM reads, saying OK, CLEAR FOR TAKEOFF...in lammans term...lol

Cleaned the key and the the switch on the handlebars with rubbing alcohol and still nothing. Its not so much that the gauges arnt working anymore...but what they display is wrong and does not change. Keeps displaying the following 8888 RPM 188 MPH/KPH RPM and gas level at 3/4 and vts is displayed but it does not have vts along with all the operating lights and the dash reads welcome...still so confused taking it to dealer monday morning but im not sure what they will be able to tell me.....sooo puzzled!!

Jet ski went to the dealer today for a diagnostic. So with a 100$ down the drain guy told me it’s the gauge cluster, what a load of $###. But anyways what are the chances of this anyone know if this is likely? Is there anything I can check on the gauge after removing it to confirm this? Does anyone know if there is anyone out there who can repair this gauges that I can send it to? Or is the only thing I can do is buy a new one for 400$. Lastly anyone have a used one? Please let me know…I cant believe they failed out of no where…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back