2006 RXT idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBinMI

Have a 2006 RXT that we bought new. Upon starting, it wouldn't idle but if you gave it gas it would run fine and go right up to top speed (70). My son searched on-line and found directions for tightening cable for idle. He worked on it last night but we don't know what rpm the idle should be. Any help appreciated.
Thanks!

800 rpm roughly, I think is what mine idles at in the water. A little higher on the trailer though (no load on jet pump), closer to 1000 rpm's I think. Try that and see what you think.

- Michael

You should NOT use the throttle cable adjustment as a means to set the idle. The cable should have slack in it.....not adjusted tight. If you have idle issues it might possibly be the idle speed control motor which is computer controlled and a shop with a scanner should look at it. Idle rpm's are typically 1800 out of the water.

Dennis is right, I just went out and started my 06 RXT on the trailer and it idled between 1800 and 2000 rpm's just sitting there thumb off the throttle. My bad, faulty memory. :(

It's just so quiet, it makes me think it's idleing lower than it really is. My jetboat OTOH is LOUD even at idle! LOL!

- Michael

Yeah Michael, I was surprised also the first time I saw what the idle rpm's were. They sound alot slower than 1800 or better! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back