2006 GTX

trickyrick

Hard to start then runs rough for 20 to 30 seconds and stops. Coil pack and spark plugs ok. It was stored for 2 years full talk of gas. This is the first time I have started it. I did drain gas and put in a few gallons of the highest octane I could get. I'm thinking maybe injectors gummed up. Is there an additive I can put in the gas to help with that

Pull the fuel pump assembly up and out of the fuel tank (assuming yours is like mine (‘08 Wake 215) Do a filter change (inner & outer) and inspect any wiring etc.

I picked up two ‘08 Wake’s for a song after they sat for almost 4 years. Roughly half tank of “ethanol” fuel each. Syphoned fuel out of both and it stank of being foul. 1st one crank no start or couldn't hear fuel rails pressurizing. 2nd one just powered up and heard pressure build. Pulled the first amd the outer filter had disintegrated, plus the wiring on the assembly, ALL the plastic coating on them had flaked off. So replaced with new one, and cleaned the tank/rails/injectors. Voila! she fired right up. Now moving onto other replacements.

2nd thought it was probably shot as well being they were virtually same age and hours. Nope, decent shape so replaced inner & outer filters, cleaned out the tank/rails/injectors and voila! Moving on with additional maintenance items on both including DIY rebuilds of the superchargers patiently with being to splash ready next spring.

Anyway, thats a thought since you stated it sat 2 years full tank (Stabil added or not?) likely the filters/injectors are dirty again assuming you have the same fule pump assembly.

Back