2005 Seadoo GTI 2-Stroke issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REACT 106

New to the world of Seadoo’s as I am a new owner of a 2005 Seadoo GTI 2-Stroke that has been sitting outside at a friends house for 4 to 6 years. The only info I was given is that it would not start so they just left it alone.

Since I have taken possession of it, I have purchased a new 12v AGM battery, I have syphoned the fuel & oil out of the lines and tank. Replaced both spark plugs, cleaned fuel filter, replaced oil filter, squirted some fogging oil in both cylinders prior to rotation.
The 717 engine rotates and has come close in starting with the help of starting fluid but no start. The battery at times has struggled to keep rotating (CCA 320) so I used my truck battery to assist.

I am thinking next step is rebuild kit for the carbs. MK-BN38/44-SPR.

Any ideas that I am missing? The Seadoo also beeps 3 times also. Thank you in advance!

First I would pull the gray plastic engine cover at the back of the engine to expose the rear flywheel and driveshaft.
Then remove the spark plugs and see if you can turn the engine over by hand.

It sounds like the engine is having some resistance to turning over.

Do not use starting fluid as there is no lubrication. Use some premix at 40:1.

Yes, carbs and fuel system need to be rebuilt with Genuine Mikuni parts.
Did you use the correct API-TC rated oil?

Thank you for the response, I did get the XPS 2 stroke full synthetic and poured it in the oil tank with a new oil filter after I purged the tank and lines.
I will attempt to turn by hand after I pull the plugs. I was going to grab a compression tester from the auto parts store and see what it reads.
I am hoping to get the carb kit today from the dealer as that is the quickest way to get two of them.

Make sure you follow the carb rebuild sticky at the top of the 2-stroke PWC section.

Fuel pump is on the front carb and will be rebuilt with the carb overhaul.
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the seadoo.

I got the carb rebuilt and the carb filter was 1/4 full of crap.

went to go back on the engine and before I did I check the intake manifold as far up as I could go and I found metal bits and shavings.
cleaned out what I could and got the carb back on. I then grabbed the compression tester and the back cylinder came in with 150psi then my stomach sank when I seen 60 psi on the front.

is it possible to only rework the front cylinder or do I need to do both. I’m guessing a new top end is in order.

any suggestions?

tha is in advance
Ed

You should always do both.
I been looking around the forum and google searched, trying to decide if it is better to rebuild top end not really knowing how the rest of the engine is or get a reman from SBR engines which comes with a 2 year warranty for standard $845 ( I think) or their premium for $1136.
the metal chunks/ie Ed I found at the bottom ov intake manifold by valve has me a bit concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back