2005 seadoo 4tec oil beep

vincem88

Hello all,
new to the world of pwc so I need some help.
Just bought a 2005 seadoo wake edition na(51hrs) and when riding-it will beep and on the dash it flashes "oil". This first occurred at about 3700 rpm. Took to a shop for a tuneup and they replaced both front and rear oil pressure sensors along with oil/oil filter change, and new spark plugs. Took it back out on the water and it seemed to run great with new problems for about 30 minutes. After that when I would try to go full throttle it would beep and flash "oil" again but at a higher rpm(5-6k). The weird thing is that sometimes it would do it and other times it would not and would allow me to go full throttle with no issue.(could this be a bad connection on the connector?) I have done research and I'm wondering if the problem is the oil separator solenoid. I read that you can do a resistance test on the solenoid and it should read between 1.27 ohms and 2.47ohms. I tested mine and it is jumping all around and would usually end around 6.4ohms. could this be the issue? are there any other tests I could do to narrow down the problem? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ps. I have tried to pull the codes when it was beeping but there are none. It just says "end"

I would check the oil pressure when you experience the problem.

There is a 1/8" pipe thread fitting on the end of the head closest to the PTO housing. Is a lot easier to attach a gauge to then the oil pressure switch port.

I used a 1/8" NPT hose barb with a 3/8" high pressure fuel injection hose (about 5" long) with a gauge on the end of it. Buy a 100PSI gauge. One I purchased is below. Hose should be rated at least 150PSI. 2 clamps on each end for safety.

1721094621830.png

Back