2005 Sea-Doo GTX 185 Cut-Off Switch Blues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

3ftDeep

A great day of Sea-Dooing was interrupted once again by fate. Chris' GTX 185 jet ski shut down unexpectedly, threatening to leave us stranded miles from home. The cause was a faulty, third-party (i.e. NOT Sea-Doo) cut-off switch installed on the boat by the previous owner. Fortunately, Chris' mechanical wizardry got us playing again (he shorted out the damn thing).
If you like our videos, please subscribe!
http://youtu.be/85k6yVWb_J0

The exact same thing happened to me with a DI I had. I had installed the cut-off myself
and it worked the whole week. When I went to move it from the buoy it was on for the week,
it wouldn't start...crap! At least it was the end of the holiday and not like Chris out in the
middle of the water!

Stressed all the following week until it was figured out. Easy fix. Then I tossed the cut-off
idea out the window all together...

It reminded us to always carry tools. If the ski's going to fail, it's going to do it at the most inconvenient time. Chris and I are putting together a portable tool kit so we can tackle most minor issues while on a ride.

The exact same thing happened to me with a DI I had. I had installed the cut-off myself
and it worked the whole week. When I went to move it from the buoy it was on for the week,
it wouldn't start...crap! At least it was the end of the holiday and not like Chris out in the
middle of the water!

Stressed all the following week until it was figured out. Easy fix. Then I tossed the cut-off
idea out the window all together...

Back