2005 RXT 215 clicking noise from engine

Brian78

Ok folks I’m working on this RXT 215 and looking for suggestions on what is making this noise I posted the video to YouTube.

I pulled the cam and rockers out to inspect and found nothing, then I suspected the supercharger which I just got back from rebuild and the clicking persists.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure if you found anything obvious yet…. The sound does seem to be in the rockers or valve train. And it seems to go away or largely go away when you accelerate, as if a rocker doesn’t have as much time between cycles to rattle. I am not sure what this could be. Maybe putting a long, large screwdriver in various different areas of the engine and valve cover and placing your ear on the end of the handle would help identify the strongest area of noise? I think I would be leaning towards rockers and maybe valve springs?

Not sure if you found anything obvious yet…. The sound does seem to be in the rockers or valve train. And it seems to go away or largely go away when you accelerate, as if a rocker doesn’t have as much time between cycles to rattle. I am not sure what this could be. Maybe putting a long, large screwdriver in various different areas of the engine and valve cover and placing your ear on the end of the handle would help identify the strongest area of noise? I think I would be leaning towards rockers and maybe valve springs?
That was my initial thought but it’s actually a damaged flywheel. There’s evidence of a previous supercharger failure. It only clicks like that when the supercharger is installed. I’ve pulled the engine and removed the broken parts. New parts on order hope to have it up and running shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.jpeg
    IMG_4614.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 2
Back