2005 GTI RFI Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIDRIFTR

Can someone tell me what actually does the leaking on an oil pump/injector down at bottom of engine, between fuel tank and engine. Has the throttle cable attached to lever and two oil lines coming out of it. I'm just assuming that its the oil pump. Stays wet, clean it off and comes back. I'm thinking the housing bushing maybe? Its doesn't appear to be the little oil lines.

Do these oil pumps wear out or something?
Would you replace it, or just monitor it? I don't notice any excessive oil use from the leak. But a leak is a leak isn't it.
Thanks for any replies.

Gunna have to clean it all off really good and maybe wrap some paper towels in some strategic locations and look for the leak

Gunna have to clean it all off really good and maybe wrap some paper towels in some strategic locations and look for the leak

But what is the most common reason for replacing a leaking oil pump. Is it the throttle shaft looking part that fits through the housing, or does the gasket, if any, between oil pump and case have a history of leaking. By the time I run it and check it, clean it off, ride it, and check it again, the oil is all over the mount below the pump, plus the pump is wet underneath the cable lever.

I personally have not seen one leak. I would make sure all of the hose connections are secure and that the bleed screw is snug and the Phillips screws that hold the pump cable bracket on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back