2004 Sea Doo GTX Stalls after after long run

John3011

I have a 2004 Sea Doo GTX that stalls and seems to go into a limp mode after running for 10 to 20 minutes at 3000 to 4000 rpm. When coming back into Marina and slowing down to idle below 2000 rpm it will stall and run a continuous beep, even after pulling the key. If you pull the key and let it sit for about 5 minutes it will restart like normal. I just purchased this year and previous owner had a new battery installed before I purchased. Runs great at higher RPM but also seems to go into this stall mode after coming back to idle. When you first start it up from cold it does display "Maint" on the screen. Any thoughts on what could be causing the stalling after a nice run?

The maintenance is the reminder that comes on every 50 hours and is normal. It takes software to clear but is not related to your problem. If it is going into limp mode, it will have a code. Press set 5 times to get codes, then mode until it says end. You have to do this while it is happening or the code will go to occurred and you won't be able to see it without software. Have you changed spark plugs? I've seen them work fine cold and higher rpms but then not work at lower rpms. Coils can also do this.

Back