2004 no power, not battery! Key not working?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robkat

I have a 2004 Sea Doo 4Tec 185 GTX, we spent the day on the water today and everything was running perfect. I docked the Sea-Doo and backed down the truck, and as I went to the Sea-Doo to start it, there is no power. The key does not seem to be recognized. The battery is newer, and we spent the past couple days on the water without any issues. Very random, almost like no power at all. Nothing like it’s a different key!

We tried to prop open the pins inside the key better, trying to make better contact to have the key be recognized, nothing. There’s no beeping, the key does not seem to be recognized at all.

Any ideas what to try next? I would rather avoid having to bring it to a dealer to be looked at. But this is a very random problem.

Last edited:
If there is no electrical activity at all, ensure battery cables are securely attached. Next, I believe your model has a main relay; that may have popped out or come loose.

UPDATE: Letting the Seadoo sit overnight has allowed the key to work again. Fired right up! Tried it three times to be sure.

So... we took it out, AND, it stopped working again. Had to tow it back with other Seadoo.

So it's intermittent, but not sure why. No beeping sound, acts like im using the wrong key (or no key).

I checked the connections to the battery and the battery is 12.42v currently. So we know that is fine.

Not sure which fuse to check or what relay (and where) so if anyone can lend some info, that would be great!!

Checked all the fuses in the MPEM, all look good. So its not the battery, not the fuses. Next to check is the relay and the DESS stock, someone told me they can go bad. Not sure how to check either though. Ideas?

Just realized this is in the wrong forum, should be in build. Moving it there! Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back