2004 gtx 4 tec mpem plug problem

My 2004 gtx 4 tec will not start unless I put pressure or jiggle the plug connected to the mpem. Once running it will stop while on route and I will have to unplug then replug the mpem to get it working again. If anyone has experienced this issue can you tell me if it is the connection pins or the mpem itself that may be the issue? Is there a solution to this problem that has worked for anyone? The machine is in perfect working order otherwise.

Yes; I had to replace the MPEM as the connection between the socket and the motherboard had become compromised. The problem now is sourcing an MPEM since Sea-Doo doesn't make them anymore and used ones go for $1000.00 on Ebay.

Yes; I had to replace the MPEM as the connection between the socket and the motherboard had become compromised. The problem now is sourcing an MPEM since Sea-Doo doesn't make them anymore and used ones go for $1000.00 on Ebay.
I know and can’t believe how wasteful that is. A perfectly good machine has to go on the junk pile just because of one part. I wonder if there is a way to override this problem.
I suppose it is impossible to keep parts on the self for ever though. A lack of foresight on bombardier’s part. I think I will give them a call and voice my problem

Back