2003 Utopia 185 200 Hp Merc Optimax vs. 2004 Utopia 205 250 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlindsay789

Hi All,

I am sure everyone will tell me this type of questions is already in forum but this is my first time here and hoping to get some good experienced Utopia boaters to help me. Looked at lots of bowriders but now thinking jetboat might be more fun and easier in and out of water, etc. Year range of 2002-2005 is kind of price range I want to be for now.

I am currently looking at two Sea Doo boats. 2003 Utopia 185 200Hp and 2004 Utopia 205 250Hp. I know basic difference that the 205 is slightly bigger and 50Hp more but .... what I have found is they both would top out about the same speed but the 205 would have a bit quicker take off? Also 205 has a table.

I have heard the 185 200Hp would be better on gas than the 205 250Hp?

I do know the 185 is in immaculate shape and has several extras (full top, new lifejackets, ropes, etc.) but more interested in the boat and its reliability and satisfaction between the two.

Any help and input and experience is appreciated. If there is other options I should consider if I come across that would be better ie. 240Hp? One year newer or older has benefit of _____ ?

Thanks
Hopefully a future SeaDoo Boater this summer.

Well.... they are both Opti engines... and they should both be relatively efficient.

Neither engine is more reliable over the other... so that is up to you.

If you like the 205, because of the table (it's nice to have) then go that way. Any other questions... just read over the posts, or ask on this thread.

Sorry for the delay in the answer... but in the winter... this place slows down, I don't check everyday.

I had looked at the utopia 205 but I think I found my minivan didn't have the towing capacity. not sure what you have to tow with but its worth making sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back