2003 sea doo gtx 4 tech problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

capone2841

Premium Member
Premium Member
was out on the water today and my ski started messing up. it lost about 15 mph and when I got it back to the dock and pulled it out of the water I didnt find anything in the pump however when I started it and rev'd it up it seems that the rev limiter is kicking in and out. There was no codes on the display that would point to any issue...has anyone ran into this befor?

May be supercharger slippage. What were your rpms? If they were about 6800 that could very well be what it is, take the intake off of the supercharger and try to spin the wheel with your hand and see what happens. If it spins freely you have slippage and I can point you to a guy that rebuilds them super fast, it is not that expensive. OF COURSE DO NOT TRY WITH THE MOTOR RUNNING.

Revving?....

I hope your not revving the motor out of the water. If so, you'll damage the shaft seals.
Your also putting yourself in a position to experience "freewheel". That's when the engine spins up and you lose control of RPM.

You should never do more than, goose the motor a little.

On the trailer, it may sound like the rev limiter is kicking in, which it may because there is no resistance on the impeller.

You need to inspect the clearance on the impeller. If you can slide more than a sheet of paper between it and the wearing ring.........it's time for a new one...............:cheers:

thanks for the heads up, it was the wear ring, got it installed in about a hour and then hit the lake to test it out and im back up to speed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back