2003 rxdi pipe overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

murray1886

Ok guys, I have an interesting problem. I think I know whats wrong, but sure would like a second opinion. The RX was running just fine, I just happened to catch a slight burning smell when it came in for a rider change. I popped the seat and the lower pipe was smoking, started to melt the rubber coupler even. No water in hull, cylinders were normal temp, upper pipe was hot, but not smoking... The clear lines had big air bubbles (not sure if that is normal) , I still had water coming out of bleed hole "left, lower, front hull". I pulled the black line coming from the water regulator and it had a dribble of water coming from it, if I gave it some gas it would turn into a pretty weak stream. What is the normal flow rate for this? I'm thinking the regulator may be shot or clogged..... what are your thoughts? Anything else that could contribute? Thanks

WCV? Is that the water injection valve on top of the water box? If so, I really don't know much about the water injection. I don't see an adjustment. It looks like the top comes off like a rave valve. Is there a bellows in there that could be shot? I didn't want to go tearing into it until I talked to someone who was more experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back