2003 GTX 4-Tec Supercharged dies when giving it gas

SBD1974

I have a 2003 GTX 4-Tec Supercharged that will idle and move around in the water just fine, but when I go to give it gas it will try and accelerate, but then shuts off.
It will then start back up no problem, but will repeat the issue over and over.
I have removed the fuel pump and changed both internal and external filter as I thought it may have been a fuel restriction, but the problem remains.

I have never run or owned a ski with a supercharger before so I am not familiar with how this could possible effect the running of the ski. The ski has around 90 hours on it and I don't have history of any rebuilds.

Any ideas as to what it could be that is shutting this ski down?

Suggest you measure the fuel pressure, if possible when the problem is occurring.
Any codes to report?
Doubt if problem is related to supercharger.

Suggest you measure the fuel pressure, if possible when the problem is occurring.
Any codes to report?
Doubt if problem is related to supercharger.
Thanks for the response…there are no codes when this happens.
How do you measure the fuel pressure?
What pressure should I see while it is running?, what would a low or high pressure suggest?, and what should be done to rectify?

There is a Tee fitting, I believe with a green cap in the engine compartment on the fuel line before it enters the plastic fuel rail which feeds the fuel injectors.
You do not need to disconnect the line as noted in the instructions if you have a tee.
Make sure there is no chance if the hose blowing off the tee under pressure. Be careful when you go to remove the cap and the hose as it will likely spray fuel unless you have a buds system to release the pressure.

You should download a factory service manual for your PWC The excerpt below is for my 2005 RXT which is probably similar.

1721092768770.png

1721092957692.png

Sounds good..I recall seeing a tee with a green cap so I can tap into that. The ski is up at the lake and I won’t be back up there until the weekend. Do you have any idea what size and type of connection is on the tee? I want to make sure I configure the gauge and line to properly tie into the tee.
I’ll see if I can download the 2003 manual now.

I do not know to much about it other than they call it a bleed valve part number 293710104.
May have a fitting similar to a tire which you have to remove or maybe just a cap.
You may have to measure the diameter after you take the cap off and buy a piece of hose.
3/8" 150PSI fuel injection hose is a common size. Make sure the hose is the proper pressure rating.

1721095230959.png

I do not know to much about it other than they call it a bleed valve part number 293710104.
May have a fitting similar to a tire which you have to remove or maybe just a cap.
You may have to measure the diameter after you take the cap off and buy a piece of hose.
3/8" 150PSI fuel injection hose is a common size. Make sure the hose is the proper pressure rating.

View attachment 66055
Great, thanks for the information. I’ll see what I can couple together and check this weekend.

Did you change your spark plugs first? The 4tecs will idle on 1 cylinder but die when you accelerate.

Did you change your spark plugs first? The 4tecs will idle on 1 cylinder but die when you accelerate.
No, I have not tried changing the spark plugs. I can change them out this weekend and see if it’s just maybe a firing issue….Thanks!
Looks like it’s an NGK DCPR8E with a 0.028” gap

Back