2002GTX 4tec on the hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingadaddy

I've heard that since the GTX 4tec has its own self contained cooling, that you can run it out of water for loger periods of time without the hose. True or false? I know the heat exchanger relies on the ski setting in the water to help pull the heat off the cooling liquid. How long can you run one safely OFF the hose? And even on the hose, there is some other caution that applies but I can't remember it. Maybe a PTO seal or something....:confused:Can you folks just refresh my feable memory here?

Thanks
Randy

Randy, The 4-tec engine with interloping cooling can run for no longer than 2 minutes on the hose as it will over the drive seal on the Jet pump. The jet pump relies on the water to cool it. The only thing that happens when you connect to the hose is the exhaust is rinsed of any contaminates such as salt water. I only run my 2008 200speedster, for 30 seconds to rinse the exhaust on the hose.

Karl

Okay that makes sense! Thanks again. The manual stated to run it for 30 seconds to warm the oil before changing it. Guess thats the safe limit for the drive seal on the JP! You da bomb Karl!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back