2002 RXDI 70 hour Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

2002 RXDI

For those of you fellow Sea Doo owners, what does a 70 hour service consist of. I saw a thread on changing the pump oil...does that apply to me. Last but not least, is it hard to due?

50 hour maintenance!...

Although the manual didn’t list a 70 hour check, it does have a 50 hour and 100 hour set of checks that should be preformed. Changing out the pump oil, inspecting your wearing ring clearance and a whole host of other things from simple stuff like checking your hose fittings, fuel rail fasteners and things like that.
The Sea-Doo shop manual for your model, which by the way, there are 6 models of the RX DI made in that year, is in our library and has all the information you need to keep your Doo running in top notch shape. A lot of the work isn’t hard if you have a lawn mowers mechanical aptitude and can follow easily laid out instructions.
If you do a search through the forum, you’ll find more than one thread on changing of the pump oil and inspecting the wearing ring. But you really ought to think about the premium membership. If your doing the work yourself and get stuck, then one of the members here eager to help will be able to have you follow them through the manual to better understand your problem.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!..........

Welcome to the seadoo forum. I agree with seadoosnipe. I have been a premium member from like day 1. It has helped me with understanding seadoo's better than any other means as It allows me to look at other models to view and compare. The manuals in the library are authentic seadoo manuals with wire diagrams, troubleshooting, service tec guides and exploded pictures to help do the maintenance right the first time without guessing or remembering what part went where. Click on the link at the top of the page under "seadoo Manuals" for more details. It isn't free but it is well worth the small price the forum charges. You can look at it on line as a pdf file or download it, and print it for you own personal and privet use. If you get in a jam, come back and give us a shout, and I'm sure you'll get a quick response. There are a lot of active members here eager to help out.

Karl

Colors.....

I looked in the manual and have all the numbers for the RX DI models for that year but I couldn't determine whether or not you can tell by your H.I.N. (hull identification number). If you look at the bottom rear, right side of your footboard, you'll see the H.I.N. plate. The first 3 letters represent the manafacturer, the next five digits (numbers and/or letters) are the serial #, the 9th digit/letter is the month of production followed by the year of production and the last two digits represent the actual year sold for.
If you can't find it on the paper work you have from the purchase, then you may go by the color. That's right, different models have different colors........weird, but they do.

The 947 RX Di series model numbers are: 5583 and 5591, international models and they are blue in color.....5584 manafactured for the U.S are also blue.....5592, 5585 are international models sold in yellow and 5586 in yellow manafactured for the U.S.

I hope this gives you more understanding about the origination and model of your Doo!....anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back