2001 sea doo rxdi wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrona

I had a mechanic look at my Sea Doo and these are the things he did and it still will not start:

-fuel pressure test (key in 26psi) cranking (107)
-compressor test cranking (80 psi)
-fuel rail assy and injectors cleaned and inspected, also swapped out with known good one
-fuel filter and fuel pump replaced with Riva high performance filter assy
-battery voltage check-compression check good (110 psi) not WOT-spark checked looks good
-PV inspected and checked for operation
-fuel baffle assy and pressure regulator swopped out with known good parts
-no fault codes present
-fuel rail assy still makes hissing noise even after changing out entire fueling systemwith known good parts
- Fuel samples have been taken and inspected for water and foreign debris, none found
- ski ran ok for a bit on the water then started acting up, conditions started getting worse unknown reasons why. Still suspecting something with the fueling system, butentire system was swapped out and tested. Pressure regulator on fuel baffle could be a fault still. Ski was sank 2 yrs back and just now seeing evidence of corrosion in electrical system, primary coils were corroded out and were replaced by another shop, could have corrosion forming in MPEM causing fault. Don’t have the testing equipment to test MPEM, TPS or CPS.

I stopped reading at COMPRESSION TEST 80psi.

The engine is done. 120 psi an engine will run if EVERYTHING else is good.

I'm sure others will provide input. But I'm certain you need an engine or at the very least need to open yours up to determine what's wrong.

A good mechanic would do compression first. Anything else is basically just taking your money,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motor has no hours on it.
that's not the problem.

80 psi is a problem...

Maybe it is a timing issue. Bottom line is, 80 psi is most definitely an issue. I am not trying to argue with you, just being very factual. I seriously do not think the engine can even run at 80 psi. At 120 psi it means it is time for a rebuild but it can run.

sorry I did not mean to make you feel like I wanted to argue. I took the ski in to have the engine rebuilt is when all the problems started. I since have had other shops look at it. No one can seem to fix it

sorry I did not mean to make you feel like I wanted to argue. I took the ski in to have the engine rebuilt is when all the problems started. I since have had other shops look at it. No one can seem to fix it

I didn't feel like you did. I am telling you, if the engine has only 80 psi there is an internal issue. Be it wrong pistons or a timing issue... There is something mechanically wrong for sure. You can spend 1 million dollars on all the things around the engine and it is NOT going to run...

It can't. You need fuel, spark and compression. You simply do not have enough compression...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back