2001 GTX Di TPS might be dead, got my CanDoo Pro Today! Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc5boost

I have a 2001 GTX DI and I just received my Candoo Pro today. I gotta say those guys are awesome and I highly reccomend them to anyone looking to buy one. Shipped it out to me in Canada on Monday and got it this morning!

So I plugged it in and my only active fault code was “PTO TPS Adaption Failure”

I tried resetting the TPS with the Candoo Pro software but when I start up the ski I still get a beep and MAINT light so is my Throttle position sensor done? Has anyone here replaced a TPS before? I am going to order the part and replace it unless there is something else I can try first.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks

Attachments

• 3495DD5D-C2AA-4A03-99E1-991592670D6F.jpeg
    3495DD5D-C2AA-4A03-99E1-991592670D6F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 56B9555E-5455-4FC1-BF31-AEF0FF843EC5.jpeg
    56B9555E-5455-4FC1-BF31-AEF0FF843EC5.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 18
I have actually done this quite a few times with my Candoo just to see if how it works but I did install a new sensor when I bought the ski just to make sure. Never ran into any maintenance lights or buzzers. Make sure you follow the exact process stated in the manual. As far as the conditions list, mine pretty much looked the same as yours when I first tested. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you which code come first so you have to start a process of elimination as to why the adaptation failed. The Candoo guys told me to start with the easiest and most obvious first. It could be possible that the fuel pump or air compressor isn't working properly. So thats where I started and the ski worked great from there. You're right about those guys, they are great and very helpful. Good luck!!

I believe there are (2) throttle position sensors on the DI. I was reading about setting them up and it didn't look too fun. Good Luck.

We’re you in “write” mode or “read” mode? It has been a while since I adjusted a TPS, but I believe I was not able to adjust until the program was in “write” mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back