2000 seadoo XP Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuarteATX

Question 2000 seadoo XP Limited idling @ 5,000 rpms

I rebuilt the carbs the end of Jan (30th). and let ski sit has been sitting since. I cranked it up to day (w/ water hose attached) was idling @ 4,000 rpms for 5 or so minutes then jumped up to 5,000 and has not dropped. I know that it should be at 3,000 rpm/s out of water right? Any reason why its so high? Is it easy to adjust the carb my self? Any incite would be greatly appreciated!

spring?

IF the carbs are running good, this sounds like it could be in the spring tension on the carb itself. My bushing got a little stiff, causing the same issurel I've since resolved itl
Tank the syncro linkage off and nail them full throttle one at a timel See how they resprod.............The individual springs should have them slamming shut.

To add to seadoosnipes comment, Remove the flame arrester and with the Seadoo NOT running flip open the carbs to see if they return to idle position. Yes remove the syncro linkge also if they seem to be sticking and that will tell you which one is sticking.I t could be also that if you rebuilt them the adjustment screws could be out of adjustment. I would check that they return to idle position and go from there. There is a idle screw adjustment too that could be set to high. Let us know what you find and we'll get you in the correct direction.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back