2000 Seadoo Speedster

Status
Not open for further replies.

aemaus1775

Hey y'all, I have a 2000 Seadoo Speedster with the SJ240 M2 Mercruiser engine. I need to either drop a rebuilt engine in or have mine rebuilt. I spoke with Blackbird motors in PA to rebuild the powerhead and fuel system, but I wanted to see if anyone had any reference or know a place that sells the rebuilt engines?! Thank you!

One of the easiest engines ive ever rebuilt, buy the manual and do it yourself. Youll need to pay someone to bore it for you, other than that full rebuild kit is $1400 ish,

One of the easiest engines ive ever rebuilt, buy the manual and do it yourself. Youll need to pay someone to bore it for you, other than that full rebuild kit is $1400 ish,
Which rebuild kit did you go with? eBay? I’m in the process of rebuilding mine.

Wsm, find a place that can bore it for you first, its a blind bore
Okay I checked out their site, once I take the cylinders off and measure everything ill decide what to do. If the measurements on the other five cylinders are in spec, I might be okay with a sleeve, piston and maybe a new head if I can't find someone to machine this one. The last time it was ran was in 2007. The material in the bottom cylinder is from mice that built a nest inside the expansion chamber through the exhaust port. Doing the top end rebuild would make sense for $1500, my concern is the condition of the crank. I'll post a picture when I disassemble it.

Attachments

• tempImagejDl0I2.png
    tempImagejDl0I2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
  • tempImagex5FfcT.png
    tempImagex5FfcT.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • tempImageFk3399.png
    tempImageFk3399.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImagecJMAL9.png
    tempImagecJMAL9.png