2000 RX with Carbs... bad performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloater

After not riding this PWC for 3 years had the old fuel and synthetic oil flushed and started. Basically this seadoo is brand new, but it will not run good since sitting. I flushed the fuel lines yesterday, and now top end is 45 max, still a little sputtering. I used carb and choke cleaner on the carbs to try to see if teat was the issue as well. The sputter continues, the top end is now 45 versus 65-70. The only fuel line I did not pull is the one from the shutoff valve to the carbs. Very little build up in the lines if any. Like I said this PWC is basically new. Since I was pulling lines, I pulled the tank baffle valve from the gas tank to clean the screen on the bottom.. not much there either... This is a pain in the east side of a donkey headed west...

Cleaning the fuel lines will not fix the issue.

I assume you have Grey Tempo lines based on the fact that they needed cleaned.
The Grey lines are basically allergic to the ethanol that in in today's fuel. As a result, al the lines need replaced, fuel selector needs cleaned, fuel filter needs serviced, filters INSIDE the carbs need cleaned (do NOT use carb cleaner on them as it will destroy them), and the line between the carbs needs replaced.

Once you do this, you will likely be good to go.

Just wanted to add, any build-up at all will cause a restriction which will limit the amount of fuel your carbs gets. Also, it will cause a lean condition which will destroy your engine.

your speedo only tells me 10% of the story.

What are the RPMs wide open? Your tach is your most important gauge.

My guess is clogged fuel selector and or fuel filter. Due to the tempo lines. Also carb filters may need replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back