2000 RX and 1997 GTX troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

nspeedrace

So this season has been great so far despite some minor kinks that i'm trying to work out so I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice:

Sea-Doo RX 2000

I received a Sea Doo 2000 RX this summer and decided to do a top end rebuild to get it running. My mechanic told me to baby it the first couple of times out in order to break in the engine. That being said I didn't open up the throttle because I wanted to make sure nothing would go wrong, I kept speeds at about 30-35MPH which ran beautiful btw. Yesterday after about 7 hours of total ride time since I rebuilt it I decided it was time to see what she could do. I got her up to 40 MPH no problem but when RPM hit about 5,500 it would bog down and not let it go any faster. I tried this multiple times and the same thing kept happening. I found it extremely strange because she was running so well. After an afternoon on the beach I thought maybe that I had some type of learners key, could this be a possibility? how would I even be able to tell? I also ruled out the possibility of spark plugs because they were just both replaced, and why would she get up to 40 MPH if one was down. Any advice on this would be appreciated. ( oh yea about 77 hours on her IDK if that makes a difference)

Sea-Doo GTX 1997

First off let me start by saying I love this ski, It was the first one I owned and I have kept it in pristine condition. She's approaching 115 hours and all season has been running like a champ. Besides the new starter I put in this season I haven't had to do any other work on it. Last week she was running great and then bogged down I realized it was probably the spark plugs and decided to replace them. Sure enough this was the problem.Yesterday after I launched them from the ramp I tried to take off and it only went to 3300 RPM, I was confused because It had the same symptoms as the week before so I open it up, unplugged the spark plugs and re plugged them in. I tried taking off and this time it was a success, she was running all day but I could tell it was running kind of sluggish. My question is, is there some type of maintenance I should do on the actually spark plug cables? or is there any way that they could be dirty, and disrupting the connection? if so what is the proper way to clean them? again my ski is approaching 115 hours. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Deanphoto.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back