2000 GTX Fast Slow Fast Slow

millz90

Hey guys...so I am having a couple issues with my 2000 GTX.
The first thing is that the ski is pretty loud when running and clanging. Its not really a knock but similar more high pitched. Its def not normal seadoo rattle from what I can tell but I am FAR from an expert. When idling around 1,500rpm the sound is there and pretty bad but if I give it a little gas and get it around 2,500rpm it goes away????
The second issue, not sure if its related or not is that when im on the water I give it gas and it kind of hesitates but then takes off, goes good for like 50 yards and then dyes down to a slow speed then speeds back up for a second then dies back down to the low speed. If I hold the throttle wide open it will go 1 speed but then surge to where it should be going if it was working correctly and you had WOT, then dies down to the slow speed then surge again....this is what it constantly does never getting a good ride out of it?
It starts fine and idles but when you give it gas like I was saying, speeds up then kind of loses power or slows down then just keep surging.
After looking around I couldn't really pin point what was causing this. I don't want to just spend money replacing things and would rather have a more educated decision on what im changing lol

The other thing I noticed because of the research was that there is quite a but of water in the hull after I ride it. Not the normal amount that could happen. It fills the ruts in the bottom of the hull all the way up but not so much that it spills over or is touching the engine on the bottom.

I have currently, took the carbs out and cleaned them, left the old grey lines on, the old fuel selector is still on the ski which I have read could be the problem but the carbs really weren't dirty. The fuel filters were pretty clean actually in the carbs. There was a lot of dirt looking stuff in the larger fuel filter in the front of the ski but I cleaned that and like I said it tarts find and idles with no problem.
I also cleaned the RAVE valves which had a ton of the carb burn on them but seemed to open and close easily before i cleaned them.

Any ideas what to check? I did notice the wear ring was scratched up inside? I just hope its not the top end....not sure if that is something I can tackle? lol

Let me know what you guys think I should check next please! I would REALLY appreciate it!
Thanks for your time!

Carbs..Carbs...Carbs...Gengine Mikuni only. Fuel selector. Lines. Tell him Mikidymac. Bad carbs = dead 2 strokes.

Yeah I have def read that. So you don't think cleaning the carbs was good enough? The seals and things inside the carb didn't seem bad but I did take it apart and clean them but not the fuel lines.

So you think replacing the fuel lines and fuel selector?

Also, are ALL of the hose 1/4" when im replacing these. I feel like some of them on the carb are smaller than that.
Is this a sufficient hose to replace the old grey ones with?

Back