2000 gtx 951 long start

2strokeboy

It takes a long time to start my seadoo and I think that my needle and seat might be leaking causing the fuel lines to have no fuel in them.
I think this because i took the spark pligs out after it was taking a while to start and they were dry.
Any tips or other reasons you might think this is happening would be appreciated. Also yes I did rebuild carbs and do fuel lines but no i did not replace the needle and seat

I have a 1999 GTX doing the same thing; just waiting for my rebuild kits and will see what happens then. Mine also has a bad bog so I’m thinking the pop off settings are not correct also.

It takes a long time to start my seadoo and I think that my needle and seat might be leaking causing the fuel lines to have no fuel in them.
I think this because i took the spark pligs out after it was taking a while to start and they were dry.
Any tips or other reasons you might think this is happening would be appreciated. Also yes I did rebuild carbs and do fuel lines but no i did not replace the needle and seat
So, on my 787 I know I have leaking needle and seats in the carbs, and it has no issue at all starting cold but when its warm and sits for longer than like 2 or 3 minutes I have to give it full throttle while starting it and it'll slowly cough and sputter into life. I've checked the plugs when it was warm and hard to start in the past and they were soaked.
But when it's cold all I have to do is close the choke and give her 3 pulls of the throttle to squirt some fuel in from the accelerator pump and it starts up within a second, stalls, open choke, restart and its good to go.
Not sure how much or if any of this translates to the 951.

Back