1999 seadoo spx leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JodySeabolt

hello i have a 1999 seadoo spx. I bought it at the end of last summer and didnt ride it untill now, when i ride it it runs great and i stayed out for about 10 minutes and came back to the trailer and looked inside and it was half ful of water. i have looked and found small leak around the steering cable and the trim and i put silicon around them and it dosnt leak there anymore but it still gets water in it from somewhere i have looked at all the water hoses inside and none of them leak i can not find the leak anywhere and need help

Pop the PTO cover off and see if it is leaking around the through hull fitting. Sometimes the boot will get ripped by the hose clamp and the carbon ring could be wore out. If it is the carbon ring leaking loosen the hose clamp on the boot at the hull side and slide it forward to put more pressure on the driveshaft flange. That works about 8 out of 10 :)

Nice ski BTW!

thank you i did that and just got back from the lake i had time to only ride for about 15 minutes but that seems to have worked

Check for the pin holes in the exhaust pipe to.. On the circle weld sand mold ports.. They always get pin holes at some point.

Yes, I'm going with the welch plug that sprays from the pipe toward where the wires plug into the mag cover. Or it's the valve on the waterbox. Or?

I'm pretty sure it was the carbon ring I put more pressure on it and took it out and it seems to have fixed it but I didn't get to stay out long I am taking it out tomorrow and will let you know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back