1999 Seadoo GTX RFI ran great for 30 minutes then bogged

N1GHTR1D3R0411

Premium Member
Premium Member
I’ve been having issues with my 787 rotax RFI. Top end was rebuilt has 152 compression on both cylinders. Oil pump was deleted and running premix 40:1. Injectors are not clogged and put new strainers, fuel pump, and regulator has great fuel pressure. Has a new impeller and jet drive. It wasn’t starting while in the water at all only until I ran it for awhile on the hose. Could there be something in the cooling system being clogged? It didn’t bog down and die until I hammered down for 10 seconds.

I’ve been having issues with my 787 rotax RFI. Top end was rebuilt has 152 compression on both cylinders. Oil pump was deleted and running premix 40:1. Injectors are not clogged and put new strainers, fuel pump, and regulator has great fuel pressure. Has a new impeller and jet drive. It wasn’t starting while in the water at all only until I ran it for awhile on the hose. Could there be something in the cooling system being clogged? It didn’t bog down and die until I hammered down for 10 seconds.
Now it seems it’s fouling plugs immediately and doesn’t run at all.

I would say that your injectors May have a bad spray pattern. Have you had them professionally cleaned and tested lately?

I would say that your injectors May have a bad spray pattern. Have you had them professionally cleaned and tested lately?
I bought new ones and they didn’t work at all, do you think I’d have to have them programmed? I reinstalled the old ones because they seemed to have an okay spray pattern just from cranking.

I wasn’t too sure, so the new ones were bad out of the box. Is it a possibility the crank seals could be bad too?
I would doubt the new ones were bad out of the box, I had only mentioned the injectors because I’ve had issues before with fouling plugs and the injector cleaning resolved it.

You could try running a fuel pressure gauge while your riding and see what your fuel pressure does when you hammer down on it

What’s the best way to attach a gauge while riding it?
You would need to get the proper fittings maybe from a parts machine or maybe they are available at OSD marine, but unhook the fitting from the fuel rail and hook a brass T fitting there with a hose going up to a fuel pressure gauge that you can see while riding

Can't run rfi's on premix. You need the oil pump. The injectors won't work with oil.
Yeah I’m going to hook back up the oil pump. I ended up buying an engine from SBT because the crank seals are bad and the rotary valve was shot. Now I’m trying to source an alignment tool to rent so I don’t have to spend $400 on a tool to use once.

Yeah I’m going to hook back up the oil pump. I ended up buying an engine from SBT because the crank seals are bad and the rotary valve was shot. Now I’m trying to source an alignment tool to rent so I don’t have to spend $400 on a tool to use once.
you can go the route of the home made one. not super accurate but works good enough

Back