1998 Speedster Audio Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good Greg. What subs are those? I still have a pair of speakers to add to the bow like you did. Just havent gotten around to it yet.

Oh they are the new Kicker Comps..they are Marine Rated as well I found out after extensive research.. I have Polk 6.5 in front coaxials, although one blew before I added the Bass Blockers, so I will be replacing at least one of the Bow speakers soon...still debating on replacing with coax, or with the Polk componets like Mike has in his... I've got to do some tuning though.. Alot of people I was tied up to last weekend said they could only feel/hear low notes and no treble or words coming from my boat..need to do some adjusting I guess...

Hey Guys, I just bought a deck and 4 6" marine speakers. My boat didn't have a stock deck installed but does have what appears to be a 12 Pin Amp connector on passenger side storage compartment. Would you guys be able to help me with the pinout on this connector? The manual shows the connector but does not describe the pinout.

Many thanks!!

I answered your PM. I ran new wires because i found most of the others were totally rusted and corroded inside the hull. If you choose to use them though its really easy. the wires are pretty much standard across boats and cars/ Black is ground, red orange and yellow are positive. Then the wires that are paired in color are speaker wires. I think it has white and grey. If you look at the pics of my speakers. Where the big subs are is where the factory speaker wires are located. Cut your 5" hole there and you will be ready to go.

Thanks Msg received ... sorry to be hounding you about it ... Very much appreciated!! Enjoy your holidays!!:cheers:

Where did you hook up your ground or did you run it back to the battery?

My boat was fit with a 12pin AMP connector for a stereo, so I just used the black wire in the harness, If you don't have a connector I you should be able to find a ground you can jump on to.

You could use the ground for the radio, but not an amp. I ran everything back to the battery.

hey RFoster, I was thinking about getting one of the floating RF remotes that supposedly works fro a long ways away from the boat.. Didn't you say a while back that you had bad luck with one of those things..? Can't really find ANY reviews online that are helpful..thanks!

i havent been very impressed with it at all. If im more than 15 feet away it doesnt always work. The company says it may just need a new battery installed. I just never tried it yet. I usually just use the remote i mounted on the swim platform.

I paid like 150 for it but have since found them much cheaper. goto remotesthatfloat.com

i havent been very impressed with it at all. If im more than 15 feet away it doesnt always work. The company says it may just need a new battery installed. I just never tried it yet. I usually just use the remote i mounted on the swim platform.

I paid like 150 for it but have since found them mucheaper. goto remotesthatfloat.com[/QU

Thanks. I checked that site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back