1998 seadoo Xp limited runs good for a bit then starts bogging 951

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ccurt

Hello I have a 1998 seadoo Xp limited with a 951 carbureted. I replaced all of the tempo fuel lines and cleaned the fuel valve and carbs also. The ski has good compression on both cylinders. My issue is when I ride it for 5-10 minutes it starts bogging it stays running but has no power. I shut it off and it still bogs. I switched the fuel to reserve same thing. I tried choke no change. I am thinking elect but not sure if stator or mpem any thoughts?

You can't "clean" the fuel selector, they have to be replaced or they will leak air into the fuel system.

You need to rebuild the carbs with only new Genuine Mikuni parts if you haven't and follow the Seadoo Carb Rebuild Thread in the sticky section.

I just used air to blow through the selector if I have to replace it I will. I pulled the stator cover off and found this little piece in there anyone know what it is for? I looked at the parts diagram and couldn’t find what it came off of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 16
You can't "clean" the fuel selector, they have to be replaced or they will leak air into the fuel system.

You need to rebuild the carbs with only new Genuine Mikuni parts if you haven't and follow the Seadoo Carb Rebuild Thread in the sticky section.
Thanks for the response

If it is plastic it might be the oil pump drive and if it is you aren't getting any oil.

It is the inside of the Bendix that holds the fly-weights apart. Once they break they bendix can come apart and break the cases.

Seadoo doesn't sell the bendix parts individually.

I haven't tried it yet but the Yamaha ones look the same and you can buy the needed parts from them..
6M6-81865-00-00
WEIGHT HOLDER
MSRP: $13.99
Dealer Price: $12.59

93450-18M06-00
CIRCLIP
MSRP: $3.20
Dealer Price: $2.88

I have rebuilt the Yamaha ones and the hardest part is getting the clip on and off.

It is the inside of the Bendix that holds the fly-weights apart. Once they break they bendix can come apart and break the cases.

I haven't tried it yet but the Yamaha ones look the same and you can buy the needed parts from them..
6M6-81865-00-00
WEIGHT HOLDER

93450-18M06-00
CIRCLIP

I have rebuilt the Yamaha ones and the hardest part is getting the clip on and off.
That is exactly what it looks like. Good find.

So do stators fail when they get warm or intermittently? I haven’t ever had it happen but that is where I am leaning.

6M6-81865-00-00
WEIGHT HOLDER

93450-18M06-00
CIRCLIP

That is exactly what it looks like. Good find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back