1998 Seadoo Speedster...HELP!! Need to re-upholster seats (molded form seats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferry620

I have been trying to figure this seat issue out for 2 years now. Really need help. I have only found one car upholstry guy that has offered to recover them and he told me that it would have stitching all over them and couldn't promise how it would look in the end and for 800 bucks that scares me. Everyone else says they would run from doing it because they are a vinyl covered mold and there is nowhere to staple new vinyl onto. HELP! There has to be some way to redo these seats. Any information helpful. I am willing to do it myself! Please let me know if you have any info on someone that can help me, my cute little sporty boat needs new seats bad!!

Have you checked seadooupholstry.com? They have the covers cut and stitched for the different boats in a full range of colors. Does the foam need replacing? That would be the tough part.

Keith at seadppopholstery.com has done them. His site doesn't have the 16 ft speedsters listed but a few guys here have had theirs done by him. You can do it both ways, recover them with old stuff on or try to get it off. When mine need it, I plan on just recovering them over the old cover. I know his price is cheaper than 800. I've even talked about shipping the whole seats and having him do it all, and it was cheaper than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back