1998 Seadoo GSX pump spacer

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Got this ski all sorted out and running. Took it out for its maiden voyage. Ran great until I noticed how low it was sitting in the water. Loaded on the trailer and hull was half full of water. I’ve checked all of my water lines and all are secure. The jet pump came with a spacer. When I re-installed the pump I put orings on each side of the spacer but I think my problem is not getting a good seal. I even used some through hull sealant. The more I ran the ski the more and faster the hull filled with water. I believe the bailers are pumping water into my ski. I’ll add some pics of the spacer as I would like to use the spacer.

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_9177.JPG
    IMG_9177.JPG
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9181.JPG
    IMG_9181.JPG
    882.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9180.JPG
    IMG_9180.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9179 2.JPG
    IMG_9179 2.JPG
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 2
I removed the spacer and made sure the small rings were in place. Took back to the lake and back ski into the water. The higher I rev the ski the more water is pushed out of my bailers into the ski. My bailer hose are at top of hull and the small pinhole is clear. The two small pipes are present and tight coming from the rear of the pump. The rubber grommets are in place where the pump mates up to the impeller. Can’t figure out why my bailing system is working in reverse.

I would suggest getting your parts manual and following the hoses to verify everything is connected as it should. They have good diagrams in there, and the manual is free online if you don't have it.

Yes I have the manual and have checked all connections. Without the motor running hull is dry. When I start the motor there is a trickle of water coming from the nailers into the hull. As I give the ski throttle water enters at a much rapid pace. Where the rubber grommets meet up to the plastic pice that slides on top of the impeller pump it says to apply 518 to the grommets. I don’t have any so I applied red flange sealant. That may be where it’s leaking. I think I’ll pull it and apply through marine hull sealant like I applied to the impeller and hull where they mate

Back