1998 GTX LTD oil injection plate kit

ATheo04

Hello, i recently purchased a 98 gtx limited and was told the oil injection works great. ski ran great for first hour and clunked out. my mind instantly shot to if was locked up. long story short motor wouldn’t spin so i pulled off top end and everything looked great. which i thought oil injection failed and locked it up. ends up jet pump thrust bearing got destroyed and so did the main needle bearings, no oil in pump only water and metal.
So my main thing is there any way for me to test the oil injection system? i am now paranoid that it could fail at any time and there goes the 951. it’s only 12$ nowadays for the block off kit. i need some help on deciding if i do the kit or trust the injection pump. the electrode of the spark plugs look like a cardboard color.

Oil injection on these is as reliable as it comes. As said above, replace the small lines from the oil pump to th eintake manifold and change the inline oil filter. Feed it full synthetic API-TC oil and enjoy.

Oil injection on these is as reliable as it comes. As said above, replace the small lines from the oil pump to th eintake manifold and change the inline oil filter. Feed it full synthetic API-TC oil and enjoy.
what oil do you guys recommend? lucas has API-TC oil but it says TCW3. don’t you want to avoid it.

If it was me I would only run full synthetic in a 947/951 the need all the lubrication they can get.

I use the Seadoo XPS 2-T in the black and yellow bottle.
Also Amsoil Interceptor is really good too.

Back