jbeljavv

My ski wont go past 10mph , I have done the following:
Carb Rebuild: $250
Drained all Gas and changed fuel filter and hoses $$75
Replace wear ring and Impeller $200
Replaced Spark Plugs $15
Flushed The Cooling system $50
What the hell else could it be?

Did you replace or clean the fuel selector?

Check the compression and post back.

Lou

Yep... what he said.

BUT....

Is the engine reving up, and the ski isn't going... or is the engine just not going?

Yep... what he said.

BUT....

Is the engine reving up, and the ski isn't going... or is the engine just not going?

Ok im not sure what the fuel selector is but im happy to replace it if the problem goes away, could you explain what that is or where it is.

Now the ski turns right on, no problems, it accelerates no problems, but when u throttle it it doesnt go all the way little it sounds stuck, when your in the water same deal no acceleration past 10mph. I hope thats a better explanation thanks for the response.

no the fuel selector is the piece were the gas lines go in to were you can switch the gas from on off and reserve, you can open the hood and pull the storage bin and you will see it. also like the others said do a compression check and if you paid 15 bucks for 2 plugs you got ripped!

dang the plugs are just like 1.80 each here, well the selector may look good but it could be restricting the fuel flow you might want to try to blow threw it or something. Also one thning to check is the water seperator. check the oring it may need replaced that problem came on mine one time.

carbon seal is on the output shaft, inside the hull at the back. if it leaks then you will barely be able to move.

DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE right the selector was clogged with two pieces on rubber i doono where they came from but definitely the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed everything else i did to the ski but i cudda waited IM so happpy i got on this blog HOORAY! you guys are the BOMB! !!!!!!! thanks soooooo much dudes happy ridin!!!!!

It is. Im taking her out Sat morning. One last question. When accelerating the jet ski out of the water with the hose on, Is it normal for the jet ski not to accelerate all the way? Is it becasuse it needs more water pressure???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back