1997 seadoo gtx not going above 5000 rpm

Chefluminous

Hello I have read through many of the forum posts before making this but I seem to be at my whits end on this ski.
The ski was running totally fine and I decided to do some maintenance on the rave valves since I guess they are supposed to be cleaned. I saw that there were a few pin holes on the diaphragm so I decided to change those as well with the other orings and gaskets and all that (green diaphragm is what was in it when I took it out and that’s what I put back in).

After reassembly and cleaning the inside of the exhaust and all the little holes on the rave housing I took it to the lake and it won’t go above 5k rpm without blipping the throttle or jumping a wake. I tried adjusting the cap out and taking the caps in more just to see if anything would help and it all ran the same and if you let off the gas and get back in it it will go 6k+ rpm with no issues.

Again before doing the rebuild on the raves it ran totally fine. The rave valves are the slotted type since apparently that could be an issue.

I’m planning to run the ski with the seat off and the caps off the rave valves to manually open them and close them to see if it resolves it.

Is there anything I am missing on these rave valves?

Where did you get the new bellows for the raves? Amazon? Ebay? They are probably to stiff, order a pair from OSD marine. Put the caps back to the position you found them in

Back